Like in previous years Benno Stein organizes the TIR, the Workshop for Text Information Retrieval. This year the workshop takes place in conjunction with the 18th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 2007) in Germany in September.
Call for Papers (see also here):
Intelligent technologies for information mining and retrieval have become an important and exciting field of research in our information-flooded society. Methods of text-based information retrieval receive special attention, which results from the fundamental role of written text, from the high availability of the Internet, and from the rising importance of the different forms of Web communities.
Various techniques and methods are being used for text-based information retrieval tasks, which stem from different research areas: machine learning, computer linguistics and psychology, user interaction and modeling, information visualization, Web engineering, or distributed systems. The development of powerful retrieval tools requires the combination of these developments, and in this sense the workshop shall provide a platform that spans different views and approaches.
The following list gives examples from classic and ongoing topics from the field of text-based information retrieval for which contributions are welcome (but not restricted to):
- formal models for text representation, document models, similarity measures for special retrieval tasks
- category formation and clustering, document classification
- IR and natural language processing: topic identification, text summarization, keyword extraction
- Web community mining, social network analysis, collaborative tagging and IR
- plagiarism analysis, author identification, style analysis
- concepts and techniques for information visualization, user modeling, and interaction for particular retrieval tasks
- relevance feedback and personalization
- evaluation, building of test collections, experimental design and user studies
- multilingual issues in IR: cross-language retrieval, multilingual retrieval, machine translation for IR
- IR for the Semantic Web: usage, extraction, and maintenance of knowledge
- IR and software engineering: frameworks, architectures, distributed IR
- IR in business and engineering applications
The workshop addresses researchers, users, and practitioners from different fields: data mining and machine learning, document and knowledge management, semantic technologies, computer linguistics, and information retrieval in general. In particular, we encourage potential participants to present research prototypes and tools of their ideas.
Deadline for paper submissionÂ Â Â Â Â April 12, 2007
Notification to authorsÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â April 28, 2007
Camera-ready copy dueÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â May 31, 2007
Workshop opensÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â September 3, 2007
Contributions will be peer-reviewed by at least two experts from the related field. Accepted papers will be published as IEEE proceedings by IEEE CS Press.