Checking the proceedings after the ACM Multimedia reminded me of the las slide of Mike Gleicher. His paper was best paper nominee and dealt with post processing of videos to enhance the camera motion quality (straight motion and zoom, remove shaking etc.). He presented notable results and at the end of his talk he gave some answers:
- I don’t know.
- No, we don’t introduce cuts.
- The details are in the paper, send me email if its not clear.
- Friends in industry say they can do the camera motion estimation robustly, in real time.
- Yes, I would like to go to Oktoberfest Friday.
- Our in-painter builds a 4 second mosaic for each frame.
- Logarithms and exponents of 3×3 matrices can be computed robustly and efficiently with iterative methods.
- Yes, this slide is an old joke –but I haven’t used it in years.
Ref. Michael Gleicher and Feng Liu. Re-Cinematography: Improving the Camera Dynamics of Casual Video. ACM Multimedia 2007, best paper nominee. September 2007. [on his homepage]