In times of ubiquitous access to the internet multimedia systems utilizing networks gain more and more importance. Multimedia systems support features beyond the download and display of videos and images: Adaptation of data and metadata, caching and distribution of multimedia content and metadata over different types of networks and integration of the user as critical factor. Focus of the special session is put on multimedia metadata. Aspects include but are not limited to means of delivery, adaptation, storage, creation, production and consumption.
Topics in the context of multimedia metadata management & retrieval include:
- Distributed multimedia metadata management
- Metadata based multimedia retrieval
- Metadata crosswalking & interoperability
- Metadata in multimedia authoring & publishing
- Mobile multimedia metadata
- Multimedia annotation
- Multimedia metadata models & ontologies
- Multimedia metadata services
- Multimedia metadata storage and indexing
- Multimedia metadata streaming & adaptation
- Multimedia personalization
- Social software and social computing for multimedia metadata
The Multimedia Metadata Community has already organized a series of 7 successful workshops in the past taking place in Aachen, Berlin, Graz and Klagenfurt. The Multimedia Metadata Community welcomes and encourages submissions from outside the core community to broaden aspects and extend the active and successful community and network with new members. The event is organized as special session of the 9th International Workshop on Image Analysis for Multimedia Interactive Services.
The WIAMIS workshop is organized by the Institute for Information Technology (ITEC) of the Alpen-Adria University Klagenfurt. The M3R 08 chair is Mathias Lux, Klagenfurt University, Austria. Email: mlux <at> itec.uni-klu.ac.at.
Deadline for submission is 2007-12-14. Further details here.