The ACM Multimedia Systems conference (http://www.mmsys.org) provides a forum for researchers, engineers, and scientists to present and share their latest research findings in multimedia systems. While research about specific aspects of multimedia systems is regularly published in the various proceedings and transactions of the networking, operating system, real-time system, and database communities, MMSys aims to cut across these domains in the context of multimedia data types. This provides a unique opportunity to view the intersections and interplay of the various approaches and solutions developed across these domains to deal with multimedia data types. Furthermore, MMSys provides an avenue for communicating research that addresses multimedia systems holistically.
As an integral part of the conference since 2011
2012, the Dataset Track provides an opportunity for researchers and practitioners to make their work available (and citable) to the multimedia community. MMSys encourages and recognizes dataset sharing, and seeks contributions in all areas of multimedia (not limited to MM systems). Authors publishing datasets will benefit by increasing the public awareness of their effort in collecting the datasets.
In particular, authors of datasets accepted for publication will receive:
- Dataset hosting from MMSys for at least 5 years
- Citable publication of the dataset description in the proceedings published by ACM
- 15 minutes oral presentation time at the MMSys 2014 Dataset Track
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least two members of the technical program committee of the MMSys 2014. Datasets will be evaluated by the committee on the basis of the collection methodology and the value of the dataset as a resource for the research community.
Authors interested in submitting a dataset should
(A) Make their data available by providing a public URL for download
(B) Write a short paper describing:
- motivation for data collection and intended use of the data set,
- the format of the data collected,
- the methodology used to collect the dataset, and
- basic characterizing statistics from the dataset.
Papers should be at most 6 pages long (in PDF format) prepared in the ACM style and written in English.
- Data set paper submission deadline: November 11, 2013
- Notification: December 20, 2013
- MMSys conference : March 19 – 21, 2014
Previous accepted datasets can be accessed at
- http://traces.cs.umass.edu/index.php/MMsys/MMsys (2013)
- http://web.cs.wpi.edu/~claypool/mmsys-dataset/ (2011-2012)
For further queries and extra information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Most recent information can be found on http://www.mmsys.org
2013-07-07 (ml): Updated URLs and “2011”